Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rub The Blood!

Some of you may know that I used to draw a book in the 90's called Bloodstrike. It was about superheroes who get brought back to life by the government to do whatever black ops stuff they need done. Zombie super heroes before that was a hot trend.  The cover of the first issue of Bloodstrike read "Rub the Blood" because there was a cover treatment that made the blood feel like velvet. Till this day I think that was one of the best gimmick covers of the 90's


I enjoyed working on the book.  It was my first monthly comic job and I really grew as an artist during that run. Recently the creator of Bloodstrike Rob Liefeld and I sat down and discussed the idea of bringing the book back. I guess similar to the dead heroes in the book everything can be brought back to life.

Hopefully the project will come together. In the meantime here are some new designs I did for the book. I used my more "concept art" style. Let me know what you think.

"Rub the Blood!"

1 comment:

J.E. Cole said...

After Crypt and Battlestone, Four play was among my favorite Extreme Studios characters.