Friday, January 15, 2010

A Day at the Office

Spent most of today going to meetings with clients.

I am designing two different toy concepts for a leading toy company..can't name names  and can't tell secrets...shhhhh

Landed another gig doing some key art for another toy start up.

Made that deal over the phone in what's left of my Pathfinder aka my mobile office.

How did I go from drawing comics to being a toy product designer?

I guess the 5 years I spent working at a toy company helped that happen. I didn't go to college for it. I learned on the job.

I really enjoy designing toys.

I like the puzzle aspect of it.
There is an audience
a price
and a yes or a no.

It's my job to make all of those work while making something people want to buy. It's not easy but it sure is fun.



Here is a little thing I'm goofing around with. It's called L8ter Haters it's my take on the dark side of the fanboy culture.

When I was in high school I did comic strips for the newspaper and for lack of a better word...they sucked! I didn't have a handle on the gag idea. I was too focused on the drawings not the concept.

Hopefully I've learned a thing or two.

without further ado..

L8ter Haters:

No comments: