Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Supermarket LA @ Meltdown Comics




Here's the report on SMLA at Meltdown. As you can see in the pictures the event was held in the back gallery of Meltdown.

It was a pretty cool set up and the event was very well organized. There were about 25 different local comic artists showing their work. It was very Indie.


It was a pretty cool set up and the event was very well organized. There were about 25 different local comic artists showing their work. It was very Indie.

I think I was as close to mainstream in terms of content. The fantastic bookseller Stuart Ng was there and I picked up a couple cool books. There was a diverse crowd of people who stumbled in from the street. Hollywood kids and animation junkies. The artist CHEEKS was there and so was the creator of Sponge Bob. I was sitting next to the artist of "I Love Toast" which was super cool. He had the most amazing painting of piece of candy corn I'd ever seen! I truly wanted to own it. There was also a guy selling his homemade cookies that were amazing!!!

As for me I was selling my 88 sketch book and as a promo item I was giving away actual 88 pills..ugh...I mean candy. All and all it was a good time. I think I would do it again.

















k

No comments: