Tuesday, January 29, 2008

You Write It And I Will Draw It- Contest

I see lots of new artists coming up and I think we are entering a new era of comics in terms of style and presentation.

The thing I don't see is a lot of writers getting burn.

It's tough in a visual medium when you are the word and concept guy.

Maybe I am a glutton for punishment but I am officially starting a contest to get you idea men some shine.

Here's how it works:

You come up with a short comic story. 1-10 pages.

Email it to me at: karlmanga2000@yahoo.com or note it to me.

I'll pick one story one month from today....and draw it.

You own the story.

Blog it

Make an ashcan

Use is as a sample to get a gig.

Sell it as a download

I don't care. It's your story.


I have paper in front of me...pencil in hand..

Let's do this.


k



updated:

Hi all you Writer/ Creative types out there.

There seems to be a really great reaction to this contest. More so than I expected. I'm glad to see there is a lot of energy around this.

A couple updates:

Go ahead and send me a one paragraph pitch for the story. It will make it easier for me to read all of them and if I pick yours you can send me the full story and we can go from there. I prefer self contained stories that start and end in the 1-10 pages.

Please make sure it's a short story. (1-10 pages)

The final date for submitting a story is Feb 29th.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

The original contest info is below.

k

No comments: