Sunday, July 01, 2007

Inks and Colors/88 thoughts



I went a little bit nuts on the inks on this piece. I was going for a modern stab at the old Terry Austin look. I always loved his inks back in the day.

I'm also playing around with some color schemes for the main character Detective Drake. If you notice he is wearing red shoes. They are meant to be Air Jordan I's so don't be alarmed.

This book is either going to make me or break me I think. Not in terms of how people react to it. I'm thinking more about how I come through it as a person. So far this book has been the biggest challenge I've ever faced artistically. I'm a bit concerned that I've bitten off more than I can chew. I guess you never really know until the plane is on fire and you are speeding towards the ground and the ejection seat won't work!



ouch



KA-lifornia.

No comments: