Friday, June 23, 2006

Strike Hard...Strike Fast...Blood Strike!!!!!



Back in the day I used to draw this comic called Blood Strike..it was about a group of super soliders that would get killed and get reanimated by the government.


High concept...

high bodycount...



I was brought in as the monthly penciller and co-writer on the series as part of a reboot of the original series...

...we were allowed to do whatever we wanted pretty much...so being that I was a kid at the time..I just wanted to draw guns and shit blowing up and lots of covert ops type crap...with lots of little lines and scratchy detail...my motto was.... when in doubt render the shit out of it...

I was able to hold down a monthly book so I found myself working my butt off on this series..and having to cut some corners to make it come in on time...This was a great boot camp because it pushed me to work hard and to learn when to let a page go...I would not say it was my best work...but it was a great learning experience for me...



that being said...the book was well received by many fans and still holds a place in their hearts..everytime I do a convention I am asked to sign the books and it brings back fond memories of a time when I used to draw whatever crazy thing that came to mind...not to mention I was paid obscene amounts of money to do it...such was the way of comics back in the day...

ahhhh...good times...


That brings me to the other week..I was going through my out of control archives...


(sounds like a big vault..but it's really just a couple of boxes in studio closet)

and I found some artwork from the Blood Strike era...going on 10 or more years old..it hurt my eyes..but warmed my heart at the same time...I've taken a few pieces and put them on ebay...to make money for the publishing of my new graphic novel..(got to be a forward thinker.)

check here if you want to add it to your archive.

BloodStrike Ebay

I am posting the artwork on here for the fun of it...
....so get out your guns and ammo..stealth air ships...zombie soliders... masked men and covert thingys...and let's go blow up the 90's....

"Blood Strike Style..!!!!"


k


PS

For those of you interested in my sketchbook.

Feel free to...

Email me!

No comments: