Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Creative 6th Sense

No I don’t see dead people.


…but I do feel like I can spot trends in art and see where things are going….



Is this my mutant ability (oops my geek fell out)…


I don’t think so…


It’s what most creative people have…





A Creative 6th sense..





That’s why ideally artists create the trends rather than respond to them…



In my opinion..

That’s the difference between an artist and designer…



An artist has blue sky..



They push the ideas…



Saying the things that need to be said in a way that they have not been said before…



Designers have problems..



Problems that needs solving…



They take bits and pieces of art and the language it speaks in and use it to describe and or communicate a message..

That message can be anything from by new and improved dog shit…

To…”I’m love’n it” ad campaigns…




Don’t get me wrong pal..I’m not saying..one is better than the other…

They both have a job to do and ideas and creativity to express…




…but they are different




so do yourself a favor my creative comrade

..make sure you know what you are being asked for when you work on something…






are you the artist or the designer..




or little bit of both…


ka-lifornia