Tuesday, October 25, 2005

This Kid is Stealth

“I don’t need no stink’n badges”

ok you’ve heard that line from Treasure of the Sierra Madre a million times standing in line at a convention.

Some big burly Silent Bob on a pork diet looking guy in front of you laughs to his Storm Trooper Samurai companion and he quotes a movie he’s probably never seen…

You see the volunteer con person roll their eyes

…I’ve seen it at almost every con I’ve ever been to…

well different costumes…

same weight..

same quote…

Well everyday when I go to work..I have to wear a stink’n badge..

Or I can’t get in the building..




Uh

Or can I..





So today I forgot my badge at home…

this is actually only my second time in two years….

which is something I’m not afraid to say I’m proud of…



Cut to 15 minutes ago…

I’m outside

no badge…


acting like I’m checking the weather..


Fumbling with my phone…


like I’m expecting a call from my agent or lotto or something…


looking at my shoes…


up comes a gal from the design department..


I start walking behind her like we are homies…(down by law and shit)


I say what’s up the security guard..(give him the U da man finger as gun motion)


She’ buzzes the door..

I rush ahead and open it for her and hold the door

(who says chivalry is dead?)


I walk in behind her…



Eat your heart out James Bond..


This mother fucking kid is Stealth…


So I’m at my desk…and I had to say to myself…

Just under my breath…




“I don’t need no stink’n badges”






KA-lifornia


Email me!