Tuesday, October 04, 2005

German Creative Block


Having a bit of a creative block so to speak.

I have so many ideas that need a lot of love…that I’m suffering from “Deer In the Headlights” syndrome

Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with ideas for characters and stories that I can’t even sleep.

As I’ve mentioned in past blogs…

Sleep and I don’t play well together….


In other news….

So I get these “fan letters” from Germany.

They all the say the same thing…

I love your work

I wish you all the luck in the world…

And…

Can you do some sketches for me…?

Although the name on the front is always different..the handwriting is the same and the cards are the same…

So it’s either a German stylistic choice…

.or some guy is greedy and wants a ton of little cards…

It’s a mystery that pops up from time to time…

I’ll keep drawing the sketches…It’s fun for me….I get to experiment..


I’m attaching a Vampirella piece.

I worked on the book for a minute back when I first started in comics and it’s some of the worst work you will ever see…

I’m not sure I like this piece..

struggled through it…

But it's done…it’s more of a love letter to Mignola and Pacheco…than anything original…

Don’t ask about the feet…I said I fucking struggled..!!!


In other, other news:

I will be posting something special on Halloween…

I will have a press release out soon explaining everything…

It’s an exciting new direction for me…so stay tuned…


KA-lifornia


Email me!